A Cup of Chinese Wisdom
A Cup of Chinese Wisdom
a book by Catkaling published in 2012
what i really feel is how i feel when i am alone in the quiet. let them come; they will go; quietly, we don't even don't even know. (A Cup of Chinese Wisdom p.45)
Each journey ends right here, right now; and starts once again, right here, right now.
Most of the time, it isn’t the strongest one who wins, nor the one with the best strategies. More often than not, timing is the key.
I may not be pretty in your eyes; but I am charming coz I am proud of being myself.
It's the existence of nothingness that creates everything else. 你已否達至懂得欣賞「留白」的境界?
SERENITY in the rhythm of the rain
Baby lotus leaves keep their inner peace in the rhythm of the rain ... I will do the same!
SILENCE IS LOUD
Nothing is said, though it is said. So much is expressed before it's spoken. Say it with your gentle smiles; say it with a crisp white shirt; say it with your helpless eyes; say it without any single words. The more you tell, the less is heard. (A Cup of Chinese Wisdom p. 41)
The Art of "Missing A Bit"
A fresh moment of life -- take a sip!
Giving love is the greatest reward of giving love.
as simple as life
I see winter reeds, withering; I hear freedom, singing.
DANCE OF LIFE
For our dreams to come true, how much are we ready to go through?
Poetic lines accompanying the photos available in online version
A CUP OF CHINESE WISDOM
a photo & prose collection & a Facebook page
- Received a $23000 Literary Grant in 2011 from the Hong Kong Arts Development Council to publish “A Cup of Chinese Wisdom”,
榮獲香港藝術發展局文學發展資助 (二萬三千七百元正)，以出版攝影文集《A Cup of Chinese Wisdom》
- "It is indeed sharing of a wisdom that belongs to the globe," Prof. CHENG Kai Ming, Chair of Education, University of Hong Kong & Senior Advisor to the Vice-Chancellor
- "A soothing and aromatic draught of local wisdom imparted by a fresh and new voice!" DR STUART CHRISTIE, Associate Professor, Department of english Language and Literature, Hong Kong Baptist University
- "This is a fount of wisdom that cleverly combines various Chinese schools of thought, as calming and comforting as a cup of tea," Dymocks Review
- "These are familiar moments of clarity - the kind that I need to be reminded of! Thanks!" MARK ALIPRANDI, Writer and Educator, Australia
Olympus OM-D E-M5; M. Zuiko ED 14-75mm / M. Zuiko EM 75-300mm / M. Zuiko ED 60mm f/2.8 macro lens / M. Zuiko ED 12-50mm